Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dining with David: Pizzeria Uno

Pizzeria Uno - Chicago, IL - October 5, 2010
http://www.unos.com/
Well, I have said I had always wanted to go to the one and only, the original Uno's; well now I have been.  Talk about a great atmosphere; small corner restaurant with little tables jammed in next to each other; they even take your order when you put your name on the waiting list (save time to get your pizza).  My comrade really wanted to go and we just had to try it out (now it did take $17 to park; big city, uck).  We ordered the favorite, the Numero Uno.  I have to say the food was nothing but just OK; nothing special what-so-ever.  The pizza crust is bland with a little corn meal while the sauce is very runny and big tomato chunks and not really that much taste.  The sausage is a huge patty spread across the pie and takes up most of your taste buds.  The pepperoni is on top (different for Chicago style) and not even fully cooked; weird.  I would recommend anyone to go for one time, try it out, but the pizza is not near as good as Gino's East right down the street.
Rating: 6.5 (Atmosphere)

1 comment:

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024