Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dining with David: Five Guys

Five Guys Burgers & Fries - Homewood, AL - October 22, 2010
http://www.fiveguys.com
My wife and I got the chance to eat lunch together (for a change) and she decided on a  great chain (yes, normally not my selection, but this is one exception), Five Guys.  This is one great little burger place.  I think I love the fries even more though.  You get to start off with a little basket of peanuts just to kick in the taste-buds.  Your meal is fixed to order so you know it is fresh and tasty.  The burger is normally two patties of hand pressed real meat on a toasted bun with a selection of your choice of toppings.  My favorite is the bacon (yes, bacon makes anything better) burger with mustard, ketchup and BBQ sauce.  The fries are hand-cut and fried with crispy outside (with the skin still on) and soft on the inside.  These are one of my favorite fries anywhere.
Great meal and even better company; love the special times I get with my bride.
Rating: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024