Friday, March 18, 2011

Travels with David: New Orleans, LA

French Quarter – New Orleans, LA – March 17, 2011 (Saint Patrick’s Day)
http://frenchquarter.com/
How I ended up in the Quarter on Saint Patrick’s Day is still a good question. I had to be down here for a conference and the dates they scheduled just fell out this way. We did get in town early enough where I could walk around in daylight. It was nice to walk around for over 2 hours and see some great sites; some bad sites too. I am not a big New Orleans fan but do love some of their food. I did get some great pralines as gifts and even got to eat a wonderful beignet at Café Du Monde; one of my favorites; now, I was good and only ate one while sitting on the steps overlooking the famous St. Louis Cathedral while a Christian youth group performed.
Now there was certainly tons of green and everyone was getting ready for the big celebration tonight. I did have to walk back down later for the Creole Queen dinner cruise. Yes, the Saint Patrick’s day parade was in full force down Bourbon Street on our way back. Nice to see (in a small way) but just not my cup of tea (no pun intended). This could have been fun if my wonderful bride was with me; but someone has to take care of the family while I am away. As before, I have left nothing in New Orleans. Nice to see, will be nice to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024