Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dining with David: Charley G's

Charley G’s – Lafayette, LA – March 16, 2011
http://charleygs.com/
Had the pleasure to take one of our good partners out to eat for dinner. They selected a local place call Charley G’s; nothing like O’Charley’s I passed on the way there. This is a nice little steak and seafood joint; always nice to have someone playing the piano while you eat. They had just brought back an item that has been removed from the menu for 5 years, their Seafood Gumbo. I decided to try a cup. Well, now I know why it was pulled. If you want to do gumbo in LA, you better do it right; this was just plain with no real good rue. It was average for AL, but bad for LA; they should pull it back off the menu. But wait, I then had their Smoked Almond Crusted Redfish. This thinly almond coated fish was pan-seared just right. I love the texture of redfish and the crust just made this fish. Then I tried the sweet potato & mango chutney puree with a drizzle of cilantro pesto. Now, that really made the fish. I cannot really describe the taste of the sweet potato and mango, but wow, it was good with that redfish. Something about that sweet/tart taste of the chutney with the crust and texture of the fish. They are redeemed.
Rating: 8.75

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024