Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dining with David: Jake's City Grille

Jake’s City Grille – Eagan, MN – March 10, 2011
http://www.jakescitygrille.com/
After a long week of presenting software from early to late, it was time to go celebrate the task was done. Unfortunately, I had lost my voice near the very end of today and can no longer talk. We went to another local place that is a nice, casual, upbeat joint; billed as ‘urban sophistication’. Since my throat was shot, I ordered my food by typing it out on my iPhone for the waitress to see; worked great, maybe I should try this method more often.
I ordered one of their ‘favorites’, the Pecan Crusted Walleye. I just love Walleye and always have to get it when I come to MN. This piece of fish was covered in crushed pecans and pan-fried so that it was crusty on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside. It was served with a huge stack of garlic mashed potatoes; no way I could even think about eating all of that. Even though my throat was hurting, the fish tasted great. I added some hot tea to try and help; didn’t really but was good anyway. Nice place to eat.
Rating: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024