Monday, March 7, 2011

Travels with David: Mall of America

Mall of America –Bloomington, MN – March 7, 2011
http://www.mallofamerica.com/
Well, it has been probably 10 years since I got to visit the MOA for the first time and was spending a good bit of time in MN. I can now say that it is not quite as impressive as it was 10 years ago. It is still large and nice but other things have grown in the past years too; all just relative.
This massive place opened back in 1992 and is basically a city within itself. Where else could you fit 32 747 airplanes, 258 Statues of Liberty’s or 7 Yankee Stadium’s inside? This thing has over 500 stores along with an Aquarium, school, Lego Land, Nickelodeon Universe complete with rides, theatre, golf, comedy house and of course, tons of restaurants. I think the main reason they have this up here is they are able to keep a nice 70 degrees inside at all times; much better than outside. I only had less than an hour to visit and that was good for a good, quick walk, not a penny spent (that comment was for my bride; see I am trying).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024