Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dining with David: Harbor Seafood & Oyster Bar

Harbor Seafood & Oyster Bar – Kenner, LA – March 15, 2011
On behalf of my mother’s birthday (will not say the age) today, after landing in NO, I ate at a little Cajun seafood restaurant; my mother just loves seafood. This is definitely your local place; located in a two shop metal building on the side of the road just the other side of I-10 from the New Orleans airport. The other shop is their seafood market; fish and shrimp looked fresh and great in there too.
I started off with a little cup of Seafood Gumbo. This had a nice rue with nice chunks of shrimp, oysters and a little sausage. I added just a little Tabasco and it was just right; hot up front and hot on the back end too; nice. I then had a little salad with vinaigrette dressing; not the best salad in the world but what do you expect. The main course was Blackened Tilapia with pan roasted potatoes and corn. The Tilapia was fresh and had that great texture that just cut with a fork. The blackened outside locked in the moisture and provided a nice little kick. The potatoes were good too; love that skillet blackened texture on the ends; just could not have but a few. Overall, a very good meal.
Rating: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024