Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Travels with David: JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge

JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa – Phoenix, AZ – June 20, 2011
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxdr-jw-marriott-phoenix-desert-ridge-resort-and-spa/
As part of the tradeshow I am attending, I was forced to stay at the Marriott resort. Not just your normal Marriott but the elite, the JW Marriott. This place has two golf courses, Palmer & Faldo, (didn’t get to play though; having to work), spa, four acres of pools including lazy river, waterslides and many shaped pools and hot tubs, 9 restaurants and over 900 rooms/suites sitting on over 300 acres; not bad. My room was a normal mini-suite (should have been huge for the price they were charging) and a great little patio overlooking their Isle of Capri; a little wedding type venue with water all around. In fact, as I type this, I am sitting on the patio overlooking the water and palm trees with rabbits and ducks at my feet. Not a bad little spot.  It is a shame my beautiful bride could not come and enjoy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024