Monday, June 27, 2011

Dining with David: River City BBQ

River City BBQ – Eufaula, AL – June 27, 2011
http://rivercitybarbeque.com/      http://www.facebook.com/rivercitybbq
I had the pleasure to drive back down to Eufaula late today.  I had some extra work to do and decided to grab something quick for dinner.  I had heard about this great BBQ joint called River City but did not know where it was located.  Well, I found it; very easy to find, just north of town before air-strip.  This appeared to be my kind of place, rough outside and even using chalk boards for the menu.
I decided to try their smoked brisket sandwich basket with their famous hush puppies and sweet potato fries.  The brisket was placed on a soft buttered bun with sauce on the side.  The brisket had great smoke lines and a rich, hearty taste.  Mixed with one (they have 4 kinds of BBQ sauces) of their sauces, this was a very good sandwich.  The sweet potato fries were also very good.  Had that nice soft inside with fried outside with that nice crunch.  The hush puppies were lined with jalapeños and had that great cornmeal with a little sweet and a kick of hot.
This is my kind of hole in the wall restaurant.  If you ever get a chance to go to Lake Eufaula, make sure to stop by River City BBQ.
Rating: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024