Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dining with David: Stock-Yard Steakhouse

Stock-Yard Steakhouse - Nashville, TN - January 25, 2011
http://stock-yardrestaurant.com/
If you want a great steak, you just might have to go to one of the top rated steak houses in the US.  I 'had' to take my customers to a night out and we ended up at the great Stock-Yard Steakhouse.  What a great building; historic in every way; even has the oldest bottle of wine, 1776, known in the US. 
We started off with some little appetizers of Calamari (which was excellent coated with Parmesan) and Escargot, now I don't eat snails but the customers loved them.  I then had their special soup of North Atlantic Seafood Bisque; this was very rich with chunks of lobster and crab meat; yum, yum.  Our main course included steak and seafood.  I had their special of the night, their 12oz bone-in Filet Mignon.  Wow, I have never had a better tasting steak with a great texture; this cut (only 2 per cow) has been aged just right and smoked all the way through.  The bone really savors the flavor and provides a taste that must be eaten slowly and fully enjoyed.  Now, I also had their Stock-Yard potatos with truffle and parmesan coating; wow, I just love the truffle sauce on top on most anything.
My guests also had other specials of Chilean Seabass and this massive 24oz Tomahawk Ribeye.  This steak looked just like a true tomahawk as the bone-in was unreal; yes, he did eat the whole thing.  A great evening at a great restaurant.
Rating: 9.75

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024