Monday, January 31, 2011

Dining with David: Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze - Orange Village, OH - January 31, 2011
http://www.bahamabreeze.com/
My beautiful bride and I used to enjoy a nice lunch every now & then (when she would take me out) at a place called Bahama Breeze in Birmingham.  Unfortunately, we lost this restaurant (??) and we certainly miss it.  When I had the option to eat there for lunch today, I was all over that.
I started off with my favorite drink, a Lemon Breeze.  Let me just say this is one strong lemonade.  It is fresh squeezed with real sugar and comes in a metal tumbler, enough for two glasses.  The first sip just puckers the ole lips; great stuff.  I then had a light lunch of their wood grilled Angus burger. It is a very juicy, tasty burger with Applewood bacon, pepper-jack cheese, lettuce and tomato.  I topped it off with their island BBQ sauce and mustard/ketchup.  This is one of my favorite burgers and this visit just confirmed why. 
Now, you have to ask, why order a burger at an Caribbean place; well, if you have not had their burger, you will never know why.  This is one messy burger that just begs you to have more; no need for napkins till you finish.  I then topped off my healthy meal with a fresh fruit salad.  The fruit was a good mixture and had a little dollap of mango sorbet; good stuff.  I only wish we still had one of these restaurants around our home town.  Oh well, maybe I can get my wife to take me out for lunch one day (guess I have to get back in town though).  Funny thing is just seeing this Caribbean restaurant with all the snow and a balmy 15 degrees!
Rating: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024