Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dining with David: California Pizza Kitchen

CPK California Pizza Kitchen - Birmingham, AL - January 13, 2011
www.cpk.com
I had the pleasure to take my two babies (18 & 14) to lunch today.  We ended up at CPK and had a good little lunch.  Now, CPK is not my best of all best places but is a good, basic pizza place.  It does not compare to the local favorites but the BBQ Chicken with Bacon pizza is not bad.  Of course, my daughters wanted dessert and wow, was I surprised.  They have added this new item to the menu.  They call it the Butter Cake.  Now this thing is a big individual pound cake with a slight layer of cheese cake on the top and drenched in Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream.  I love the crust of pound cake and since they coated it in sugar and singed the outside layer ole so slightly, you get a lot of crust.  The vanilla ice cream just melts down into the cake and has a nice off-set to the warm, mushy inside cake with the little layer of cheesecake.  Now, since I didn't get that much, I think my babies liked it too.
Rating: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024