Monday, September 27, 2010

Dining with David: Market Street Grill

Market Street Grill - Salt Lake City, UT - September 27, 2010
www.marketstreetgrill.com
Well, my travel companion just had to go back to Market Street; and of course, I just had to go too.  This is a great little seafood restaurant in the heart of downtown SLC.  Normally, we have to sit in the Oyster Bar next door but this time we made reservations and actually got to sit in the Grill part; I think I liked the atmosphere of the Oyster Bar better.
We started off with a little shrimp cocktail and oysters Rockefeller; I loved the cocktail, not big on the oyster part.  Next was the soup/salad and I just had to get the Clam Chowder; wow, with lots of fresh ground pepper and soak it up with fresh bread, nothing like it.
Dinner was the best part.  I ordered the truly fresh Columbia River Sturgeon while my team-mates had the Hawaiian Ahi Tuna.  The Sturgeon had a nice hazelnut crust, very tasty with a honey lemon jalapeno glaze.  Now you know, I love tart and a little hot; great mixture.  The fish was very tender with great flakes and the crust and sauce was out of this world.
Rating: 9

1 comment:

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024