Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dining with David: Suzy-Q’s Bar-B-Que Shack

Suzy-Q’s Bar-B-Que Shack – Buffalo, NY – April 11, 2012
http://www.suzy-que.blogspot.com/
Since I drove down from Toronto late in the afternoon (no SWA flight option), I had one more night to spend in Buffalo.  I have already had their famous ‘Wick’ (see prior posting) and wanted to try something different.  I researched and asked and kept getting pointed to a local ‘southern bbq’ joint.  Being born/raised in BBQ central (AL), I just had to try this one.
It is located right on the river, right across from the Canadian border.  It is truly a shack with very few parking and seating spaces (I got mine to go).  I was greeted by Suzy and asked what she would recommend.  She went to their namesake, the Piggy Pie.  Decision made.
I got this wonderful concoction; mixture of cheese fries and a BBQ plate.  This is a large mountain, ~5” high,  with a base of French fries.  It is then topped with pulled pork, baked beans, homemade ‘Smokin’ salsa and melted cheese.   Suzy is known for her smoked meat and the pork had great rings; wonderful taste.  The melted cheese with beans and salsa (and I got BBQ sauce for dipping) was a very unusual taste and well worth it.
A very unique place in a great location; truly a dive.  I would love to try their other specials at some point.  If ever in Buffalo, this is a must stop.
Rating: 9.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024