Monday, July 11, 2011

Travels with David: Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum

Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum – Springfield, IL – July 11, 2011
www.presidentlincoln.org
My travel partner this week decided for us to go visit a little history; little did I know that today would be Lincoln day.  Once we took care of some business, we went to the presidential library.  This is a very impressive place (just look at the pictures below).   There is a mock white house with the Lincoln family, two movies, lots of artifacts and tons of true history items.  Nothing but a small heaven on earth for the history buffs (sorry Courtney). 
There is certainly a lot of good and bad you can say about Lincoln but he was an American and this place will give chills down your spine.  I thought I knew a lot about our country and good ole Abe, but not true; this place taught me a lot.  I walked out of there with head high and feeling good about American.  God Bless the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024