Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dining with David: Hickory River Smokehouse

Hickory River Smokehouse – Decatur, IL – July 12, 2011
www.hickoryriver.com
Our customer picked a little BBQ place for us to eat lunch today.  I have been avoiding an IL type meal but when offered it with a little que, I just had to go for it.  I got their special ‘BBQ shoe’.  This was a toasted piece of Texas toast, covered in pulled pork, slathered with fries and coated with their special cheese sauce.  That was not good enough and I added some of their ‘mixture’ sauce; a combo of their mild and hot BBQ sauce. 
I will have to say that this was a good little meal.  The pulled pork was very good; had that nice smoked taste but not so strong that it is overwhelming.  The potato fries on top was a good mix and even their cheese sauce had a good little spicy taste.  Top that with their BBQ sauce and I was quite pleased with my ‘shoe’.  Never thought I would say, ‘I enjoyed that shoe’ but ole well, welcome to IL.
Rating: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024