Saturday, April 9, 2011

Travels with David: Ghirardelli Soda Fountain at Downtown Disney

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop – Orlando, FL – April 9, 2011
http://www.ghirardelli.com/
A great co-worker and his wife (Mike & Susie) asked me to go with them to Downtown Disney for a little treat at the great Ghirardelli. I am still in pain from my little experience but decided I could hurt at the hotel or someplace fun; so away we went. This Ghirardelli store is split between a chocolate store and an old style soda fountain right in the middle of Downtown Disney.
We got a nice little covered table out by the lake and had a nice treat and conversation. I had the special Midnight Reverie Intense Dark Sundae. This treat is made with chocolate ice cream, homemade dark chocolate hot fudge, dark decadent chips, whipped cream and topped with a pure Intense Dark Midnight Reverie 86% chocolate square. To say this was rich is an understatement. A very good treat on a hot day. Only could have been better if my beautiful bride would have been with me; seeing Minnie all around only reminded me of my better half.
My friends got the world famous sundaes; one in cup and the other in a waffle bowl; I think they enjoyed as they were gone.
Downtown Disney was very busy as usual but clean and neat. It was nice to sit outside and just relax for an hour before heading back to the conference. Probably the most impressive feat was I did not purchase anything at any of the Disney stores while there. Not because I didn’t look but just couldn’t find anything unique that my babies or I might actually enjoy.  A great place, a wonderful break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024