Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dining with David: Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel - Bessemer, AL - February 19, 2011
http://www.crackerbarrel.com/
What a way to start off the morning; a nice restaurant and great company. My family wanted to have some nice time together and I was more than willing to oblige. We got up a little early (for them on a Saturday) and headed down to the ole Cracker Barrel; a great staple for good breakfast food. I had my norm of Wild Maine Blueberry Pancakes. These are great pancakes with blueberries smothered inside. You then add some nice blueberry syrup and these are wonderful. I had the whip crème on the side so my beautiful bride could enjoy herself; she has a thing for homemade whip crème. Of course, I had to get bacon on the side.
My oldest daughter had a full meal. She had eggs, bacon and a full ‘side’ of French Toast. To add to the toast, she had them coated in Montmorency Cherries. Not sure if it was bad or not as she ate most of it.
The food was good as expected. My favorite part was just having a great time with my wonderful family. Always good to spend some quality time with my wonderful bride (of 22 years) and my two great daughters.
Rating: 10 (family time)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024