Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dining with David: Casper's Cherokee Sirloin Room

Casper's Cherokee Sirloin Room - Eagan, MN - February 17, 2011
http://www.cherokeesirloinroom.com/
It was recommended for us to go visit a solid steak house right down the street from the hotel. I had seen this building before, driving by, and wondered about the red barns. A very unique decorated place; like an old converted western barn. Now the booths are slim and not really good for a bunch of ole guys. The best item on the menu, I could not get anyone to pay for it. This is the famous ‘Gangster Holiday’ which includes a mob based theme of private room with a gangster movie playing and prime rib for everyone along with a side, salad, soup, dessert, onion rings and a bottle of Sheep Dip Whiskey (??). And it comes with a limo ride and tour of gangster houses and hide-outs; it can be yours for only $1,499.00.
I started off with a salad and it really was just a basic style; nothing special. I ordered their Bob Casper’s Bacon Beef Tenderloin; you know I am a sucker for bacon. This is a little 8oz tenderloin wrapped in bacon and grilled/smoked just right; aged for over three weeks. This was one little great steak with a very flavorful smoky taste. As a side, I got their ‘fantastic onion rings’; I had high hopes but these were nothing to write home about; just there. Two of my companions got their limited Prime Rib, 18oz; one was regular and one sizzling blackened. These looked huge and I cannot imagine what their very special 36oz supreme cut would be. Anyway, if you want a great steak, this is your place.
Rating: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024