Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dining with David: Al Baker's

Al Baker's Classic Americana - Eagan, MN - February 16, 2011
http://www.albakers.biz/
We had to grab a quick lunch today and someone suggested we try this little local spot.  I must say the building is quite unique and good atmosphere.  Kind of reminds you of the older, more classical style restaurants.  The first thing on the menu that caught my eye was fresh lemonade; I just love it.  It was even better when it came out in a tall glass.  Now, this is one tart little drink; very good.  I then happened to notice one of my favorite sandwiches, the Monte Cristo.  This sandwich is turkey, ham, Swiss and American cheese on a multi-grain bread (see, healthly!) that is dipped in batter and fried (how could this be bad?).  Now, my favorite was this ole favorite from Bennigan's.  The Al Baker's is very good but not quite as good as the ole style Bennigan's used to serve; not the same kind of crust and substance.  Of course, it was served with jam, strawberry; I always prefer raspberry though for its tart and texture.  A good lunch and good place.
Rating: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024