Saturday, November 6, 2010

Travels with David: Homestead Hollow

Homestead Hollow: Christmas in the Country - Springville, AL - November 6, 2010
http://www.homesteadhollow.com/
Well, my youngest daughter and I had a chance to spend the day together (since my wife left me to take our oldest down to LA, Lower Alabama).  We got up early and headed for the beautiful area of Springville; just northeast of Birmingham.  Homestead is a great little setup with lots of arts, crafts, food and great people.  This event is well handled and everyone is very friendly.  We got to visit all of the booths and see some very interesting items.  Meredith just happened to find her some stuff but the goal was really just OUR time.
After we visited every booth and all of the events, we then got to try some little snacks.  I have a weakness for those special little donuts called Dinky Donuts.  These are those fresh little fried donuts from the little machine/fryer and then coated with powdered sugar; yum, yum.  My favorite of all is the Kettle Corn.  Nothing like a huge copper pot over a fire with a little sugar, salt and lots of popcorn.  When that corn explodes with the mixture of salt/sugar, nothing like it.  This is the way popcorn should be.  Of course, Meredith found the horses and was in hog heaven; no pun intended.   All in all, a great day with my baby (well, not anymore, as tall as me).  Thank you Lord for all the small blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024