Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dining with David: Custred Kitchen

Custred Kitchen - Adger, AL - November 18, 2010
Decided to do a little cooking tonight for the office Thanksgiving party tomorrow.  Whipped up a little treat I had seen on good ole Food Network; Jelly Rolls.  This is very simple but just takes a little time. I decided to make most of them as raspberry.  My first batch was ok, and then decided to add some sugar to the top for just that little glaze; much better.  I then made some special ones as dark chocolate raspberry; wow, now these were good.  They had that tart raspberry with the distinct dark chocolate taste; just melts in your mouth.  I decided to finish off the last batch as Apple Barn apple butter.  Yes, this is the special apple butter you can only get at the famous Apple Barn.  Not bad for a little appetizer treat for the team.

1 comment:

  1. I would like some of these for Thursday morning, since I was not invited to any sort of Thanksgiving Party. Now I know it really was no sort of party without me!
    Get to cookin!

    ReplyDelete

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024