Friday, July 26, 2013

Travels with David: Banff National Park

Banff Gondola – Banff, AB – July 26, 2013
www.explorerockies.com/banff-gondola/
After working and getting a half day to play, I headed out of Calgary toward Banff National Park.  It is a little drive across the Trans-Canada Hwy.   The drive itself, once outside of Calgary, is beautiful.  I didn’t have a lot to time so I had to quickly pick one item to do.  I decided to go to Banff and go up Sulphur Mountain on the gondola.  This is a nice, long ride up the mountain, peaking over 7500 ft.   Once at top, the views are spectacular.  I decided to go ahead and walk the just over .7 mile walk up (up as in platform and steps; at over 7500 ft.) to the Cosmic Ray Station.   The views of Banff, the Fairmont and the rivers/lakes along with the mountains are indescribable.  Who can say God is not great and does not have a plan?  Majestic lands like this can only be created by the One Creator.
Molly & I have been to Lake Louise several years ago but had not been down to Banff.  I can say this is one beautiful country and a nice little city.  If ever up in Calgary, need to find a few days to visit Banff National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024