Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dining with David: Aretha Frankensteins

Aretha Frankensteins – Chattanooga, TN – December 18, 2011
www.arethas.com
Unfortunately, I had to travel on a Sunday (never a good thing).  Upon arriving in Chattanooga, my business partner and I decided to grab a quick bite for dinner and then finish up our work (big presentation next day).  I had quickly looked and found this little, local place that Rachel Ray just loved.  It was only 5 miles from our hotel.  Upon pulling up, it was a converted house in the middle of an eclectic area (Tremont Street).
There were only a few tables and most everyone (much younger than us) were outside drinking.  We sat down inside and ordered some breakfast food for dinner.  My partner had one of their oversize omelettes with fried potatoes and a huge cathead biscuit.  I had their famous Elephants Gerald waffle.  This wonderful piece of Belgian waffle (crispy outside, soft inside) had a wonderful taste.  This is the only waffle I can remember not putting some type of syrup on it for flavor.  Now, it was coated with goodness (cinnamon pecans on top of French vanilla ice cream) and was fantastic.
A very unusual place with great food.  A definite must try next time you are in Chattanooga.
Rating: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024