Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dining with David: Nelson Bros. Bakery

Nelson Bros. Bakery - Clearwater, MN - December 1, 2010
http://www.clearwatertravelplaza.com/
Well, who would have 'thunk', a great bakery at a truck stop.  When traveling across I-94 in MN, just stop at exit 178 and go visit the Nelson Bros. Bakery and Restaurant at the Petro fuel station.  I had heard this was a great place and known for their famous Fritter Bread.  We just had to stop and sure enough, they have these wonderful loafs of bread in apple, blueberry, cinnamon and raspberry (my favorite).  These are soft on the bottom and inside with a nice crunchy crust on the top drizzled with a little sugary topping.  If only my wife & kids were with me to enjoy this goodness.
Rating: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024