Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dining with David: Molly's Anniversary Cooking

Molly’s Anniversary Cooking  – September 6/7, 2013

As my bride and I headed into our Anniversary weekend (and childless for first part), my wife of 25 years wanted to cook something special for me.  Our Friday night started off planned as a movie night.  What else goes great with a movie at home but a great pizza.  My special bride fixes me the ‘Molly Meatza’.  This is a fresh crust pizza she rolls out on the baking stone and cooks just right before topping.  Then on comes the best part.  She tops with gourmet pepperoni that she has quickly cooked (to reduce grease), fresh fried crumbled bacon, ham and coated with fresh cheese.  I love it when you get some small bubbles in the fresh crust and this did not disappoint.  Sitting there watching our Friday night movie together (and eating great pizza) was a great start to our weekend.

As we woke up this morning to our special day, my bride wanted to cook me breakfast; who am I to disappoint.  She whips up some fluffy Belgium waffles stuffed with fresh blueberries.  I then top with more blueberries, blueberry syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar.  The cooked blueberries within the crunchy outside, soft inside waffle was just right.  Then add the additional blueberries, syrup and a light dusting of sugar to offset the tart berries.  Only thing to make this better was the additional bacon she fried up.  Wow, how lucky I am to be married for 25 years to this special lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024