Monday, October 15, 2012

Dining with David: Zoup! Fresh Soup Company

Zoup! – Independence, OH – October 15, 2012
www.zoup.com
I get to my hotel in the wonderful, sunny, tropical area known as Cleveland; NOT!  Since it dropped over 20 degrees since yesterday with winds up to 35 MPH and a nice cold rain with low (I mean low) cloud cover, what else would you want to eat but some soup? 
I found this place right down the street from the hotel and it seemed just right.  It is similar to a Panera Bread (one right across the street) but focus is on the soup rather than the bread (my bride would say YES to that).  I ordered the small combo which gave me a cup of soup and a half sandwich.
The soups are all out in view (reminded me of an old Baskin Robbins, just healthy) and you get to try anyone you would like.  I tried several but decided on the Manhattan Clam Chowder.  This was a tomato and clam broth with clams, potatoes, onions, celery and garlic.  A very good taste with strips of clams and big chunks of potatoes.  A good choice.  I then got a sandwich (used for dipping of course).  This was their 4 Cheese Melt with Pepper Jack, smoked Gouda, Muenster and mild Cheddar toasted on a multigrain roll.  For the wonderful Cleveland weather, this place is perfect.
Rating: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024