Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dining with David: Chamberlain's Steak and Chop House

Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House – Addison, TX – November 29, 2011 www.chamberlainsrestaurant.com
Wow, I would have never thought I would be back at such a great restaurant.  I can remember eating a fantastic steak at Chamberlains over 15 years ago.  In fact, I remember it was so tender that I cut it with a fork.  Well, my current customer wanted to go back there tonight and I just couldn’t complain.
We started off with the Appetizer Sampler; colossal shrimp cocktail, spiced seared Ahi Tuna and Kobe beef pot stickers.  What a great way to start the meal.  Of course, they also provided us with their famous roll poppers; huge, sweet tasting muffin style rolls; mixed with a special butter (you know how I just hate great bread).
The mid-course was one of their special salads; fresh Mozzarella, marinated tomatoes, basil and aged balsamic oil.  A great (only ordered half) salad with fresh ingredients and a wonderful taste.  A full order would have a been a great meal in itself.
I then had one of their great Filet Mignons; 12 ozs of tender, aged beef.  I had it topped with a round chunk of their special truffle peppercorn butter; truly an Oh My Goodness.  The steak was great but mixed with the truffle butter, fantastic.  Not sure of anywhere you can get such a great, smoked, tender beef with the great mixture of truffle oil.  As a side dish, I substituted for their Vermont cheddar steak fries.  These were large, long-cut fries flash-fried so the outside was crispy and the inside was soft.  They were then topped with white cheddar and heated to slightly crispy.  Another great item to a great meal.
A very nice, upscale chop house with one of the best steaks you will ever find.  A strong recommendation for anyone in Dallas.
Rating: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024