Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dining with David: Shakey's Pizza Parlor

Shakey’s Pizza Parlor – Warner Robins, GA – October 12, 2011
Well, nothing can be simple.  I drive into Warner Robins and there are maybe a hundred restaurants near my hotel.  Not to be outdone, I drive 10 minutes away to go to a nostalgic place, Shakey’s.  Once I saw it listed, I just had to go visit.  When I pulled up, I was reminded of the 1970’s and the local Shakey’s in Midfield, AL.  Shakey’s goes back to the 50's and was big in the 70’s.
I got the basic dinner buffet to sample some pizza, spaghetti, chicken and their Mojos (sliced potato bites).  After the first bite, I was reminded of the original style; thin crust, light sauce, a little cheese and some toppings.  Since the high temp ovens are used, the crust is very good with those wonderful bubbles.  Good food, great place, great memories.
Rating: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: May 5, 2024