Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dining with David: Ottimo Ristorante Italiano

Ottimo Ristorante Italiano - Orland Park, IL - August 24, 2010
http://www.osteriaottimo.com/
A rustic Italian restaurant feel with an authentic flair while being small and local; great atmosphere.  With a beautiful night (in the 70's) in IL, it was great to sit out on the patio with a calming water fountain and enjoy good food and great company.  I, of course, was looking for the healthy menu item (yea, right!) and decided on one of the nightly specials: grilled swordfish cooked/coated in special EVOO (extra virgin olive oil, just for those Rachel Ray fans) and covered with 3 different kinds of tomatoes; a swirl of balsamic topped off the taste.  This fish was very delicate and cooked just right while the EVOO and tomatoes provided a smooth, even taste; very nice.
My arm was twisted and so as not to upset my guests, I was forced to order desert too.  I had to pick the healthy item here too: chocolate brownie warmed with pecans, caramel and topped with a nice, big scoop of chocolate gelato.  Wow, what a rich and nice way to end a meal.
Food was great and my local guests were, as usual, wonderful; what a nice evening (wish my beautiful bride could have been here).
Rating: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought of the Week: April 28, 2024